Thursday, February 13, 2014

Liebster Award

Kelli over at Team Gilbert nominated me for the Liebster award which promotes new blogs and blogging collaboration. I love this idea and thank her kindly for the nomination. 
(and if you don't follow her, you are missing out. seriously. funniest girl you could ever meet)


How it works:

1. List 11 facts about yourself

2. Answer the questions of the person who nominated you
3. Create 11 new questions

4. Nominate 11 new bloggers

Facts about me:
1. I have a "hibernation" mode. Once I'm down for the count, I am not to be truffled* with. (*catch the office quote?)
2. I've single handedly devoured a whole bag of Mint Milano's. Don't Judge. 
3. My most prized possession in New England is a toss up between my Sorel's and my slippers.
4. My short hair is still my favorite spur of the moment decision.
5. I'm obsessed with kids. It's actually a mutual infatuation :)
6. Nicknames include: Baby whisperer, C-Smack (my rap name obviously), Hermi (short for Hermione- nerd alert), Chizelle, ChaChi (compliments of my 2 year old niece)
7. The white rhino in my header, is actually a picture of the one I have mounted on my wall. The love I have for it is borderline idol worship.  
8. I secretly want to meet Si from Duck Dynasty. Actually, I want to meet the whole Robertson family. I feel like we could be besties. 
9. My achilles heel is getting out of bed to brush my teeth after I've already laid down. 
10.McDonald's Diet Coke and I have a special bond. It calls to me daily. 
11. My nemesis is Spaghetti Squash. I have yet to make a successful meal with one despite my best efforts. 


Kelli's Questions for me:
1. How would you describe your blog? (what do you blog about?)
I blog about my every day life. The pretty, the ugly and everything in between. 

2. Where do you shop the most? Why?
I have a serious addiction to Target. They always have cute things that are reasonably priced to begin with. Plus, their sale racks know how to make a girl swoon. 

3. What is your dream job?
This is a toughie, because what I want to say is a stay at home mom. Glamorous, right? I just love kids so much and would love to have the privilege of staying home and taking care of my future littles. 



4. What is your favorite all-time book?
Either the Harry Potter or Hunger Games series. I could read either of those over and over again and never be tired of them. 

5. What is your favorite way to work out?
Zumba. Hands down. I've been teaching this format for 4 years and am in love with the energy and the changes that it has brought about in my body. I'm also a runner. I enjoy the fresh air when it's warm enough to be outside, but also love sweaty interval work out on the treadmill when it's not. 

^Just a transformation shot for ya.

6. Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 13-​​year-​​old self?
Get braces now and spare yourself the embarrassment of having them your Freshman year in College! Everyone else is awkward looking too, so it won't be that bad. Take the plunge.

7. What is one skill you want to master?
Sewing. I took a class in high school and haven't done much since. I recently started a few simple projects to see what I was capable of and fell in love! 

8.  Where is your favorite place you have traveled?
The Caribbean. My grandma took all of the girls on a cruise there in 2008 and the only regret I have about it is that my husband wasn't around to see it all. It was relaxing and beautiful and so fun to experience a new culture. 

9. What is your favorite blog? 
My favorite blog would have to be The Daybook. I've been following Sydney's blog for like 3 years and I still get a kick out of every one of her posts. Props to that girl!

10. What is your favorite blog post you have written?
My favorite post would probably be this one. It's not funny. Or witty. But real. And I think people can relate to real. 

11. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Lake Shasta. Every summer My family and 3 others would road trip to Northern California to camp at Lake Shasta for a week. We rented a patio boat and one of the families' brought a ski boat so we were literally on the lake from sun up to sun down. My little self's dream come true!





My nominations:
Lindsay at The Evans
Jenna at Paddington Way
Emily at The Pulsiphers


My questions:
1. Why do you blog?
2. What's a guilty pleasure of yours?
3. What are three words that your closest friends would use to describe you?
4. What's your favorite blog?
5. What is your favorite way to work out?
6. When your go to pick-me-up?
7. Where is your favorite place to shop? Why?
8. Looking back on your life, what advice would you give to your younger self?
9. Funniest story you can think of…?
10. What's something you want to accomplish in 2014?
11. What's your most ambitious dream for your self?

No comments:

Post a Comment