Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Sad Meal.

As a new-ish newly wed, I have been constantly trying to expand my cooking repertoire. Admittedly, any cooking at all pretty much beats what I had going on prior to getting married. 

This goal of mine means I am constantly searching Pinterest, and the internet in general, for innovative (and easy) healthy recipes. I have had a lot of success with my kitchen experiments, but I have also had a few total flops. 

Tonight was a total flop.
And a disappointing one at that. 

I have been trying to find a "perfect" recipe to enhance a Spaghetti Squash. The idea of using it as a pasta is a big hit with me because it is so much better for you! So I initially thought I would do this skinny Alfredo sauce I found, but I made it last week and Tay isn't the biggest Alfredo fan, so twice in two weeks is too much. 
So I consulted Pinterest to see what gems I could find. I ended up finding this recipe that was pretty basic: oregano, basil, olive oil, crushed red pepper, and salt and pepper. Not too complicated, but things don't necessarily have to be complicated to be delicious, right?

Tonight, that was not correct.
 It was such a let down! 
I ate a small heap just to say that I had a healthy dinner, and poor Tay ate the rest.
(He's such a good sport you guys. Seriously. I had made some pretty horrific meals and he always takes it like a champ. Love that guy!)

So dinner was a disappointment. A big one.
To make up for it I made Tay's favorite chocolate chip cookies and they turned out so perfectly!
Light golden brown. Soft. And amazing.

Not exactly the healthy evening I was going for, but sometimes you've gotta live a little!


No comments:

Post a Comment