Tuesday, February 4, 2014

tuesdays.

<-Boston sunset ->       

So Tay only has school Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Which means we get to play the other days of the week. It being Tuesday, we decided to go on an adventure. Being so close to Boston, we like to take advantage and see the city and all that is has to offer. So we went. And love it. Started our trip here:
So perfect! Among all the chaos in our lives right now, all the stress and worry it's so nice to go to the temple and take a little break. (note to other LDS-ers: there's a new movie. like brand spankin new. Not the old one that they claimed was the "new" one. It's probably my fav…GO!) It was amazing. And peaceful. And really everything we needed. 
A high point in our Boston trips is often the food we get to try. Because Boston is Boston there is an insane amount of really famous and said-to-be delicious eateries around. So of course we have accepted that mission and are trying our very hardest to eat at all the best ones. 

Tonight we went to the Union Oyster House which is right in the heart of the city. It is also the oldest continuously operating restaurant in America. Pretty neat. After a small hiccup in the navigation (i'm terrible with directions, even with the gps :( sorry babe!) we made it to this historic landmark where we were planning on stuffing our faces. 
Small side note: this place was recommended to us by  friend at church who lived in Boston for years. When he recommended it he called it a "steak house" that also had great seafood. Let me tell you something, I do not like seafood. Like at all. 
I know. I know…
 I'm crazy, un-american, etc. 
It's just not my thing. So we go to this Oyster House regardless of my distaste for seafood and I'm a little unsure about what I will be eating. I figure at the very least I can get a steak or chicken fingers or something not fishy.
Let me tell you another something: this place is strictly seafood with a few steak options. And the steak options start at $30.
Two words: not happening 
I'm cheap. I splurge on a few things every once in a while. But a $30 steak is not one of them.
 I frantically searched the menu for other options, but everything else was fishy!  Everything! 
(insert stress & initiate grumpy cat status)
After looking over the menu for a few more minutes I decide to stop the waitress and ask her what the soup of the day was. This was my last hope. I was so longer too enthused about this "steak house". Thankfully, it was chicken and vegetable. So I got that, while my other half excitedly ordered his lobster roll. Tay enjoyed it, I endured. But we can say that we've been there.

And I can be proud of myself for not denying my husband the opportunity to eat amazingly fresh seafood. 



(Tay felt bad for me and my sorry bowl of soup, and let me get a drink on the way home. I'm slightly addicted to Diet Coke so this girl was happy after all)









No comments:

Post a Comment