Saturday, February 1, 2014

Dreams

So Tay and I have been talking a lot about what we want to do with ourselves in the near future. We're at a point where we could really do anything, go anywhere, or be whoever we want to be. It's really exciting! But with that excitement a whole heap of pressure tags along. 

What in the world do I want to be?

And at this moment, I have a lot of answers to that question. I don't know exactly what route to take, or which ones even make sense for me or my family, but it's nice to have dreams again. To think of the possibilities that this life has to offer. That I can take advantage of! I had a degree in Elementary Education (as of December :)!!!) so I could take that route, obviously, but in this moment I'm not sure that's what feels best. Weird, right? Go to college to determine what I want to be, graduate with a degree and still not know. It's not so much a matter of not knowing, because I know I could teach and I would never regret it. But there's so much more that I want to do! That I want to try my hand at before I really settle down with a career. 

So right now I'm exploring my options (which also translates into me being unemployed, but I'm choosing to look at it as an opportunity…see what I did there? :) ) It's exciting! and nerve wracking trying to think it all through and see what makes the most sense. But I am so happy that I have a chance to do some soul searching, backed by a very supportive husband of course, and find what it is that I want to do with myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment