Sunday, February 9, 2014

Real talk.

Let's have a little chat.

 As I look over all of my social media feeds I am constantly bombarded with messages about thinspiration, fitspiration, eating clean etc. While I whole-heartedly support being fit and active as well as eating healthily there is such a thing as too much. Going too far. 
I will be the first to admit how much I love working out and eating well. Seriously. However, I have been guilty of taking it too seriously and earned the "gym rat" title in not the most positive of ways. I love fitness (i am a licensed Zumba instructor, and have taught for 4 years). Nothing makes me feel better about myself than a good, sweaty work out.
 But there's more to fitness than being thin. Or ripped. 
That is not to say I wouldn't be stoked to be either of those things, but those things take a serious level of dedication and a lot of time. that's not my reality. Nor is it why I go to the gym. My reality is that I'm 5'4", 138 lbs, have a little cellulite and a few  stretch marks…and get this-I haven't had kids!
But I don't think I'm the only one. 
While I do make it a point go to the gym everyday, it is not my top priority. My main focus is this guy:

And working. 
And getting ourselves ready for these:


That's what my life is all about. 
So yes, let's be fit. Let's be healthy for the sake of being healthy. But for all that's right in the world let's agree to stop hating ourselves and using that hate as motivation to exercise. Love your body. Exercise to keep it healthy, strong and capable of doing the things you want. Let exercise be a release for you, and not the punishment people have made it out to be. 

Cheers to exercising and eating right to promote healthy living and not to get to a particular number on a scale, To adopting a healthier lifestyle for our own well-being and not for anybody else! 


2 comments:

  1. I love this! and I totally agree. p.s. uhhhh lets talk about your RIPPED legs in that picture above!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i guess i should have looked over that picture more closely cuz now i feel weird. i was flexin.

      Delete