Friday, July 22, 2016

Letter 3

Dear Tay,

Another week has gone by and I love these letters already. It gives me a chance to really think on the past week and take in all that has happened. Good and bad.

Scouty babe is giving me a run for my money. She is so sweet and fun at times, and a total nightmare at others. She is constantly lifting her shirt these days to "beep" her belly button. The best is when she's sitting down and has a hard time finding it. She just keeps pulling at her tummy until she spots the treasure. It's adorable. She has also started randomly army crawling. It's usually when I'm upstairs rocking Hawkins to sleep she'll come in, tell me "shhh" and then lay down on her belly and start crawling around the room. It's hilarious, and also a little odd at the same time. Her newest obsession is hitting the button (garage door opener) when we leave the house. She can't quite do it by herself so I actually push it, but she puts her and on it and thinks she does it all. As the garage door opens or closes she wigs! She gets super excited for grunts and points like it is the most amazing thing she has ever seen. I guess she really hasn't seen a garage door open or close so it is pretty novel, but it's hilarious. Sometimes letting her push the button is really inconvenient, but her face makes it all worth it. I understood a few new phrases of hers as well! One was when I spilled my drink, I looked at her and said "Scout, don't touch" and she looked at me and said, clear as day "don't touch!" I laughed out loud. Her enunciation was perfect. I had no idea I even used that phrase, but apparently it happens pretty often if she knows it that well. I also figured out what "nuh nuh" meant. She has been saying it pretty regularly and random times for the last few weeks. I though maybe banana, but I haven't bought those in a while so that didn't make much sense. I also thought night night, but she says that and it's pretty clear and different than this phrase. Well, the two days ago I got her up from her crib and brought her into our room while you were getting ready for work. Hawk was laying on our bed too just hanging out. She brought me the ipad that was playing white noise and said "nuh nuh" and it clicked! "anna". She wants to watch Frozen! It has been her favorite movie, and really the only one she'll actually watch. And she has watched it on the ipad before which is the only thing she does with the ipad. It made so much sense! Now we know, "nuh nuh" = Frozen.

Hawk has been a dream baby during the day this week! His sleep patterns at night are slowly improving, but he still is eating every 4 hours which hasn't been too terrible. He even slept past his 5:30am moaning session this morning which was so nice! He doesn't like to be held for very long before he wants to play on the floor by himself. He loves his play mat with the toys dangling and mirror, or the bouncy chair. I'm trying to make him love the Bumbo, but he gets over it pretty quick. I've been better at making him do tummy time this week (round out his flat head, ha!) and it was fruitful this week! I laid him on his tummy on Tuesday, and after less than a minute he rolled onto his back. It totally shocked me! I rolled him back on his tummy and he rolled back over on the other side. I was totally impressed. He's such a good guy and such a happy baby.

We celebrated our 4th anniversary last Thursday by going on a kidless date. It was your turn to plan our activities this year and you did not disappoint. We took the light rail (I have a fascination with public transit because I haven't really experienced it) to downtown pizza to this hipster pizza place. It was delicious. I seriously crave that pizza everyday now. After pizza we walked around downtown and stopped to get Coldstone. MMM. I love that stuff. We sat outside under some misters at Starbucks and ate our ice cream and had good conversations. It's so weird how much you can talk about when you aren't trying to keep children satisfied! It was such a fun night and so nice to be able to spend it with just the two of us.



Love you more than ever, 
C


No comments:

Post a Comment