Friday, August 9, 2013

Bluebird Cafe

So Tay's mom works at Sundance which means we get the hooks ups on occasion. A few weekends ago, we got invited on a double date with Tay's parents to the Bluebird Cafe. I had no idea what I was getting myself into, but Tay seemed excited about it so I agreed to go. It's always nice spending time th his parents and be date ideas are somewhat hard to find.

We went out to dinner at Cubby's which is this new place down in Provo that people have been thing us to try. It was so good! Tay and I both had the heart attack, and that menu item has never been more accurately described! It was a spicy hot dog/briscuit sandwich and it was delicious. I'm pretty sur I gained 5 pounds from it instantly and my arteries got clogged with each additional bite, but it sure was good. After dinner we headed up to Sundance.

I don't know if I'm just naive,but just in case, Bluebird Cafe is where song writers go to show off their stuff. They sing the songs they've written, share the back stories, and if they have been lucky enough to have a famous artist cut them.

I seriously loved this so much! It was three country song writers who came, and I recognized so many of the songs! The songwriters sang songs by Miranda Lambert, Brad Paisley, Kip Moore, Joe Nichols, Kacey Musgraves and so many more! It was so fun to hear how they got their inspiration for the songs and to hear the songs as they were originally written.

One of the funniest parts of the night was when we walked to our seats in the amphitheater, Kat and TJ were sitting on the same row. So ironic, but so fun to share this night with them as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment